Direct Travel (DT) is the Institute's preferred travel agency effective April 1, 2012. DT works in conjunction with Concur to create a streamlined automated travel solution for Rensselaer. DT helps Rensselaer manage travel spending and identify savings opportunities.
Contract Information: DT's three (3) year contract is a competitively bid contract.
Some additional information about DT:
- Dedicated travel counselors with an average of 20 years experience
- All travel arrangements made directly through DT will sync into the traveler's Concur account and populate in his/her trip list
- Attending a conference? Want to ensure that you receive the hotel rate promised by the host organization? DT's agent team can help coordinate your entire conference experience from paying the registration fee, to booking the hotel stay at the conference rate and helping register for specific conference-related events.
- Problems with hotel payments? Direct Travel has staff available on evenings and weekends to help correct issues at check-in. Just call the after-hours phone number to be connected to an agent.
- Travelling internationally? You can discuss your plans with DT's experienced international travel agens who can provide guidance on selecting specific hotels and make transportation arrangements to assist with your stay.
DT's Value Added Services include:
- Crisis management
- 24 hour emergency traveler support
- Global Alliance Hotel Program
- Seat & fare checker automation
- Strategic account management and customer service
- International travel desk
- Un-used ticket tracker
- Quality assurance
- Travel policy enforcement
- VIP services
- Green initiatives
Traveler Set-up Procedures:
A travel profile must be created for each traveler, travel arranger and travel approver in Concur before the Institute employee can book a trip, submit an expense report, or approve an expense report.
- A profile application must be completed before this setup can occur.
- The Concur User Set-Up Checklist can be found on the Finance website.
Airfare, Rail and Hotel will require no out of pocket cost for the traveler. Airfare and rail will be paid with a corporate virtual account through AirPlus. Hotel will be paid with a corporate virtual account through Wright Express.
Traveler will be required to pay out of pocket for vehicles (unless arranged through our preferred supplier Enterprise/National Car Rental), meals and incidentals.
Service Fees and Pricing: Service fees may be applicable to certain types of bookings; i.e. agent assisted transactions, hotel reservations, air reservations etc. Please contact Rensselaer's travel administrator for a list of the fees.
Direct Travel Contact Information
|Toll Free Number:
||866-492-9839; After hours: 866-492-9839 OPT 8; Outside the USA, call collect 1-203-787-6223. There is no charge for after hours or emergency changes.
||Linda Cook x2156 (contact for contractual questions/concerns).
Christopher Thorne x2395 (contact for procedural question/concerns).