Make friends. Explore your interests. Blow off steam. Get involved.
Rensselaer has more than 160 clubs, sports, and organizations to choose from everything you’ll find at most universities, and quite a few clubs you may not see anywhere else.
In fact, The Princeton Review ranked Rensselaer #2 on their 2007 edition “More to Do on Campus” list.
The Institute offers students myriad opportunities to get involved and explore their interests beyond the confines of the classroom, including:
- Intramural sports clubs ranging from aikido and archery to fencing and ultimate Frisbee.
- Extracurricular clubs such as the astrophysical society, game development club, and model railroad society.
- Performing and visual arts organizations including ballroom dance, jazz ensemble, and drama club.
- Media organizations such as the Institute’s student-run newspaper, The Polytechnic.
- Service organizations like the RPI ambulance and Habitat for Humanity clubs.
Students also can participate in a variety of professional/honor societies, religious and multicultural clubs, and Greek life organizations.
All of Rensselaer’s clubs and organizations are based in the Rensselaer Union, which is one of the only student-run Unions in the country: