Class of 2008 Gift
The restored Union carillon, class gift of the Class of 2008, rang the chimes of the alma mater for the first time in nearly a decade on Oct. 18 at a dedication ceremony held during Homecoming Weekend. The new carillon brings back to campus a long-standing tradition. The original carillon system, a 15th Reunion gift of the Class of 1952, was installed in 1967 and ran until 1999, when the technology failed. The new system is installed on top of the Student Union, with re-coned speakers to ensure the highest level of sound quality. The alma mater plays every day at noon, and chimes ring at the top of the hour on weekdays from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Taking part in the ceremony were, from left, Ryan Hawthorne ’08, Trent Gillaspie ’08, Daniel Horvath ’08, and Blake Huovie ’08.