Workshop on High-Performance Computing for Industry
PROVIDING COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE TO INDUSTRY THROUGH HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMPUTING: Accomplishments and a Path Forward
Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies
Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York
Wednesday, October 26 - Friday, October 28, 2011
The workshop will start at 1:00 pm with lunch available at noon.
The sessions in this workshop will cover key topics related to the ability of industry to take advantage of high performance computing and cover:
- Getting initial application in place
- Industry access to future high-performance computing systems
- Where will the massively parallel software come from?
- Highlight Industry examples of high-performance computing
- Industry/University/Laboratory Collaborations
- Making the business case for high-performance computing
The executive session will be in the morning of October 28 and close with a lunch.
The executive session will focus on the connection of high-performance computing with economic development and will address the roles of industries, government, universities and laboratories in creating the environment needed for industry to take full advantage of high-performance computing for gaining competitive advantage.
If you, or others in your organization, are interested in attending this meeting, please register.