The office of International Advancement champions Rensselaer's global vision by working closely with various departments as well as alumni relations and student bodies on Rensselaer campus. It represents and promotes Rensselaer internationally to multinational corporations, global universities, foreign government agencies, foreign media and the vast Rensselaer alumni network.
Eight Rensselaer International Alumni chapters have been established with the facilitation of International Advancement. They are in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and Venezuela.
The office of International Advancement takes initiatives and provides assistance with variety of international programs:
- Alumni-student mentorship and career advancement international network
- International workshops and conferences
- International co-op education and internship opportunities
- Global university alliances
- International student recruitment and exchange programs
- International endowment for scholarship and fellowship
As international students and alumni, you are encouraged to participate in these programs to benefit your academic/professional experience and to broaden your horizon.