The Office of Foundation Relations manages the Institute's relationships with private foundations and supports the university's priority projects. Foundation support often serves as a catalyst for important new initiatives. We serve as the point of contact for foundation representatives seeking information or who are interested in partnering with faculty or staff on research and education initiatives. We also work with members of the Rensselaer community to match funding priorities with Rensselaer's strategic needs.
Rensselaer receives support from many local and national foundations. Funded projects include:
- development of cutting-edge curriculum in bioinformatics and tissue engineering,
- an endowed scholarship for minority students,
- studies to rid Lake George of devastating zebra mussel colonization,
- establishment of a laboratory dedicated to terahertz radiation science,
- fellowships for women in science and in engineering,
- summer science outreach projects for high school students.
Contact the Corporate and Foundation Relations staff for more information.