GOALS AND OBJECTIVES FOR THE 1998-1999 YEAR
1. To strive to build a more unified minority community as well as provide
diverse programming of cultural activities to encourage a more broader
base of student involvement in BSA activities (i.e. active non-minority
2. Provide social and recreational activities for our members and encourage
the use of the Black Cultural Center.
3. Encourage the institute to actively recognize and participate in celebrations
of African American culture and pride such as Martin LutherKing Jr.'s birthday,
Black Awareness Week, and Black History Month.
4. Accurately capture the organizations programs in our history (i.e. scrap
books and web page usage)
5. Increase efforts towards increasing actual membership numbers and membership
participation in BSA activities
6. Seek non-traditional and unique venues by which to increase BSA's exposure
to Rensselaer and its surrounding community.
7. Increase community service efforts by encouraging membership to take
an active role in Troy/ Capital District Area.
8. Assist the Office of Minority Student Affairs in recruitment and retention
9. Become more conscious of and active in political issues that involve
the interests of the BSA membership.
10. Develop a stronger relationship between the BSA Executive Board and
the general membership such that both parties needs are met and the organization