(or Work Related Injury Reporting)
Several steps must be followed in filing a Worker's Compensation claim, in the categories of Notification, Medical Treatment, Transportation, and Check-in before returning to work.
- 1) Notify your supervisor, departmental coordinator or co-worker of your injury.
2) Your supervisor must fill out an occupational injury/illness report.
- Medical Treatment:
- 3) Call Risk Management at ext.2318 or ext.6114 to arrange for medical treatment at:
4) You may seek medical attention with your own physician or use another medical facility at no additional cost to you. However, you are required to be seen by a Rensselaer-contracted doctor before returning from an out-of-work injury.
- Capital Community Care Physicians, 2001 5th Avenue, Troy, NY 12180
- Samaritan Hospital, 2215 Burdett Avenue, Troy, NY 12180.
- 5) Non-emergency transportation will be provided by your supervisor or co-worker.
6) Call public safety at ext. 6611 for emergency transport.
- Check-in and return to work:
- 7) Upon release from medical treatment, notify Risk Management of:
- Your ability/inability to return to work as prescribed by the physician.
- Work restrictions and limitations.
- Medications, prescriptions and immunizations received.
- Subsequent medical services required.
The injured employee is responsible for responding to all inquiries made by claims handlers and report any significant medical change. Failure to do so may suspend or jeopardize your benefits.
Download the Worker's Compensation form.