Adjoint Monte Carlo (AMC) for
Radiation Treatment Planning
In this study, we apply the Adjoint Monte Carlo framework to a 3D anatomical
model called VIP-Man which was constructed from the Visible Human images.
So far, this study clearly demonstrates the feasibility of the AMC in
optimizing the beam directions as part of a treatment planning based
on anatomical information in a 3D and realistic patient anatomy.
- Wang B, Goldstein M, Xu XG, Sahoo N. Adjoint Monte Carlo method for prostate external photon beam treatment planning: an application to 3D patient anatomy. Phys. Med. Biol. 50 (2005) 923- 935 view
- Wang B. Development of an Adjoint Monte Carlo Method for Clinical Prostate Radiation Treatment. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute PhD Dissertation. April 2005
- Wang, B. Adjoint Monte Carlo Method for Prostate External Photon Beam Treatment Planning: An application to 3-D Patient Anatomy. Advanced Workshop on Monte Carlo Treatment Planning at McGill University. May 3, 2004 view
- Wang, B. Development of an Adjoint Monte Carlo Method for Clinical Prostate Radiation Treatment. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute PhD Defense Exam. April 12, 2005 view
Images and Results
- Phantom, Geometry, Importance Ratio Map, DVH, and Isodose Map view