Effective May 29, 2012, Yankee Trails becomes Rensselaer’s preferred supplier of charter bus transportation services through a Master Agreement . Yankee Trails has been in continuous operation since 1957. They have provided safe, reliable and friendly transportation to the Capital Region for 55 years and to Rensselaer for over 20 years.
In the early years of Yankee Trails much of their charter work came from schools, churches and various organizations. Today, many of those same groups continue using Yankee Trails for their travel needs. These groups include: Siena College, HVCC, Albany Devils, NYS Office of General Services, just to name a few.
Yankee Trails will operate under a master agreement for three (3) years begining May 29, 2012 and ending May 28, 2015. The agreement includes one, two (2) year option to renew.
Yankee Trails offer the following key benefits to the Rensselaer community:
- Significant % discount off standard pricing due to volume and historical, successful relationship with Yankee Trails.
- Superior safety record and ability to continue performance of the master agreement.
- Fleet of buses that are “state of the art” motor coaches. All vehicles are equipped with cell phones and GPS navigation systems.
- Full-time dispatcher who is completely familiar with motor coach operations.
- 24- hour cleaning service for their fleet which each vehicle is cleaned and service once per day. Additionaly, All the drivers are required to wear Yankee Trails uniforms and formally trained.
- Preventive maintenance program that provides each vehicle with a complete inspection maintenance inspection on either a monthly schedule or 6,000 mile interval with a maintenance facility located 5 miles from Rensselaer.
- Replacement bus and service vehicle, if needed, to the Institute in 10-15 minutes if an emergency situation should arise due to the close proximity to Rensselaer.
- Good inspection record for its vehicles. In July 2010 and 2011, Yankee Trails was informed that better than 90% of its vehicles passed NYSDOT’s semi-annual bus safety inspections and are currently over 95%.
- Yankee trails will NOT subcontract any coaches without prior permission from Rensselaer.
- Yankee trails will continue to support Rensselaer through Corporate sponsorships, as they have for many years with Athletics.
Contract Term: 5/29/2012-5/28/2015
Payment/Invoicing: A Campus wide blanket order P0B12925 has been set up to receive invoices against when contracting with Yankee Trails.
Service: Yankee Trails has a designated representative for Rensselaer responsible for all communication and transactions relating to this master agreement.
Yankee Trails requests as much lead time as possible to ensure that a coach bus is reserved. For all athletic trips, a coach bus will be guaranteed. Yankee Trails requests that Rensselaer reserve all althletic team trips to potential playoffs and conference tournament destinations. Yankee Trails can hold the dates to ensure buses are available. If the playoff or tournament trip does not materialize Rensselaer will not incur any cancellation fees.
Reservations regarding specific charter bus needs or ordering information can be directed to the Yankee Trails contact:
Joel Keens, Motorcoach Charter Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-286-2400 ext. 213
Rensselaer Contact information:
Kim Ragosta, Sourcing Manager (518) 276-3265 or email@example.com