FedEx Corporation is the Institute's preferred Master Agreement for Domestic and International Express Package Delivery Services. FedEx Corporation provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services.
Contract Information: The FedEx contract is a negotiated contract awarded in collaboration with the Educational and Institutional Cooperative Service (E&I), a national purchasing cooperative that serves over 2,300 member colleges and universities across the country.
The Cooperative's agreement includes rates for domestic and international services including:
- Priority Overnight - guaranteed delivery by 10:30 AM the next business day
- Standard Overnight - guaranteed delivery by 3:00 PM the next business day
- Second Day - guaranteed delivery by 4:30 PM the second business day
- Express Saver - guaranteed delivery by 4:30 PM the third business day
- First Overnight - guaranteed delivery by 8:00 AM the next business
- Ground Shipping for all points within the 48 contiguous states, as well as program rates for points in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico
- International Inbound and Outbound rate programs
- 80% discount on LTL (Less than Truckload) inbound or outbound freight program.
- This new negotiated agreement offers a complete array of services and special features.
- E&I rates include desk top pick up.
- Money Back Guarantee - Transportation charges refunded or credited, upon request, on shipments delivered after the delivery commitment time. Please refer to the FedEx Money-Back Guarantee Policy for details.
- "Pick up fees waived" under the E&I agreement.
Contract Term: through 6/30/2018.
Account Number: To obtain a FedEx E&I account number send an email to Linda Cook with your department name, location, billing address and contact person including name, phone number, email address.
If you currently have a FedEx account number and want to verify if it is set up under the E&I contract please email Linda Cook with the account number.
New accounts and transferring of existing accounts will take 4 to 7 business days. You will receive an e-mail notification from FedEx informing you that your account has been linked to the E&I Contract pricing. Your account will not convert to the E&I Contract until you receive the FedEx email notification.
Ordering/Prices/Services: Scheduling pick-ups, tracking packages, ordering supplies, pricing and services provided can be accessed at www.fedex.com
A fuel surcharge (rate adjusted monthly) applies for express and ground packages. This rate is posted on the FedEx website.
Other Services – Contact FedEx Customer Service at 800-645-9424.
Invoicing: Invoices will be provided by FedEx to the "Bill to" address either by mail or electronically via email and will be processed as a non-po payment. Payment terms are Net 30 days.
Claims: Claims shall be handled in conformity with the terms of the current FedEx Service Guide.
Delivery Terms: As per the FedEx Service Guide.
The Courier Pickup Charge has been waived for E&I members using this contract. (AKA Domestic On-Call, and International On-Call Pickup Fee).
Money Back Guarantee – Transportation charges refunded or credited, upon request, on shipments delivered after the delivery commitment time.
Federal ID Number: 710427007
Rensselaer Contact Information: Procurement Services
Linda Cook, Sourcing Manager, email@example.com