Digi-Key Corporation is a Rensselaer Marketplace enabled supplier of electronic components effective May 1st, 2012. The Institute has established a Master Agreement with Digi-Key resulting from a campus-wide transaction and spend analysis as well as multiple campus end-user requests.
This Master Agreement was awarded under the Institute's Procure-to-Pay Enhancement Project that is charged with streamlining the campus-wide buying and supplier payment process and leveraging the Institute's buying power to reduce the cost of products and services required by our departments.
This negotiated Digi-Key Master Agreement offers mutual benefits for both the Institute and Digi-Key while fostering a growing relationship .
The Master Agreement offers the Institute the following benefits:
- A very large inventory of product offerings ready for immediate shipment
- An extensive line card of electronic component vendors
- Enhanced technical support services for campus end users who purchase electronic components
- An exclusive discount program that aids the Institute in lowering lab and equipment expenditures
Conversely, Digi-Key reaps the following benefits from this Master Agreement:
- Builds a Strategic Sourcing partnership with Rensselaer
- Formally introduces the Institute's faculty and students to Digi-Key and Digi-Key's suppliers
- Aligns itself with future designers, engineers, and scientists whom graduate into the workforce
Contract Term: The Master Agreement is effective February 15, 2012 and is recurring until modified.
Prices/Discounts: Digi-Key will extend a fixed minimum discount off of their current catalog pricing on all products, including cut-tape and value-added, merchandise. Due to manufacturer restrictions, the fixed discount may not apply to all items. Detail pricing information is available at anytime on-line through the OSCAR punch out catalog. If you are unable to view OSCAR catalogs, please request OSCAR access from your business manager and from Procurement Services department.
Ordering Information: All orders for Digi-Key products must be processed via the Digi-Key punch out catalog enabled in the Rensselaer Marketplace.
- Any special instructions for Digi-Key should be placed in the "Notes to All Suppliers" section of your draft cart.
- Expedited Shipping: Please include special instructions in the "Notes to All Suppliers" section for all Overnight or Priority shipping requests, as well as Call or engage in "Live Chat" with a representative from DigiKey to ensure that shipping request are noted appropriately on orders.
Invoicing: Electronic invoicing is enabled for this online catalog.
Supplier ID Number: 411234968
Questions regarding this agreement can be directed to:
Digi-Key Contact Information
Director, Academic Business Development (218) 688-1553
|Sales, Parts & Technical Questions
Please Call 1-800-DigiKey (1-800-344-4539)
Rensselaer Contact Information
|Rensselaer Contact Information:
Geoff Mielke, Sourcing Manager
Phone (518) 276-8692