Digi-Key Corporation is a Rensselaer Marketplace enabled supplier of electronic components effective May 1st, 2012. The Institute has established a Master Agreement with Digi-Key resulting from a campus-wide transaction and spend analysis as well as multiple campus end-user requests.
This Master Agreement was awarded under the Institute's Procure-to-Pay Enhancement Project that is charged with streamlining the campus-wide buying and supplier payment process and leveraging the Institute's buying power to reduce the cost of products and services required by our departments.
This negotiated Digi-Key Master Agreement offers mutual benefits for both the Institute and Digi-Key while fostering a growing relationship .
The Master Agreement offers the Institute the following benefits:
- A very large inventory of product offerings ready for immediate shipment
- An extensive line card of electronic component vendors
- Enhanced technical support services for campus end users who purchase electronic components
- An exclusive discount program that aids the Institute in lowering lab and equipment expenditures
Conversely, Digi-Key reaps the following benefits from this Master Agreement:
- Builds a Strategic Sourcing partnership with Rensselaer
- Formally introduces the Institute's faculty and students to Digi-Key and Digi-Key's suppliers
- Aligns itself with future designers, engineers, and scientists whom graduate into the workforce
Contract Term: The Master Agreement is effective February 15, 2012 and is recurring until modified.
Prices/Discounts: Digi-Key will extend a fixed minimum discount off of their current catalog pricing on all products, including cut-tape and value-added, merchandise. Due to manufacturer restrictions, the fixed discount may not apply to all items. Detail pricing information is available at anytime on-line through the OSCAR punch out catalog. If you are unable to view OSCAR catalogs, please request the agreement's current discount from either your departement's business manager or the Purchasing Services department.
Ordering Information: All orders for Digi-Key products must be processed via the Digi-Key punch out catalog enabled in the Rensselaer Marketplace.
- Any special instructions for Digi-Key should be placed in the "Notes to All Suppliers" section of your draft cart.
- Expedited Shipping: Please include special instructions in the "Notes to All Suppliers" section for all Overnight or Priority shipping requests, as well as Call or engage in "Live Chat" with a representative from DigiKey to ensure that shipping request are noted appropriately on orders.
Invoicing: Electronic invoicing is enabled for this online catalog.
Supplier ID Number: 411234968
Questions regarding this agreement can be directed to:
Digi-Key Contact Information
Director, Academic Business Development (218) 688-1553
|Sales, Parts & Technical Questions
Please Call 1-800-DigiKey (1-800-344-4539)
Rensselaer Contact Information
Associate Director of Procurement Services (518) 276-8327