Child Albany Travel (CAT) is the Institute's preferred travel agency effective April 1, 2012. CAT will work in conjunction with Concur to create a streamlined automated travel solution for Rensselaer. CAT is a recognized leader in the travel industry and has been servicing the needs of business travelers since 1984. They will help Rensselaer manage travel spending and identify savings opportunities. Their business philosophy is based on the understanding that every component of each trip that Rensselaer takes plays a role in achieving our business objectives and ensuring our business' success.
Contract Information: CAT's three (3) year contract is a competitively bid contract.
Some additional information about CAT:
- Offices in Clifton Park, New York and Colchester, Vermont
- Locally owned and operated for over 60 years
- Affiliations with Travel Leaders and BCD Travel, two of the top three travel management firms in the world
- Dedicated travel counselors with an average of 18 years experience
- Premier customizable online booking tool and expense reporting program
CAT's Value Added Services include:
- Crisis management
- 24 hour emergency traveler support
- Global Alliance Hotel Program
- Seat & fare checker automation
- Strategic account management and customer service
- International travel desk
- Un-used ticket tracker
- Quality assurance
- Travel policy enforcement
- VIP services
- Green initiatives
Term: 4/1/12 - 4/1/15
Traveler Set-up Procedures:
A travel profile must be created for each traveler, travel arranger and travel approver in Concur before the Institute employee can book a trip, submit an expense report, or approve an expense report.
- A profile application must be completed before this setup can occur.
- The profile application can be found on the Finance website. All required data must be completed for the profile application to be accepted.
- Completed profile application should be submitted to the Travel Administrator for review and activation.
Airfare, Rail and Hotel will require no out of pocket cost for the traveler. Airfare and rail will be paid with a corporate virtual account through AirPlus. Hotel will be paid with a corporate virtual account through Wright Express.
Traveler will be required to pay out of pocket for vehicles (unless arranged through our preferred supplier Enterprise/National Car Rental), meals and incidentals.
Service Fees and Pricing: Service fees may be applicable to certain types of bookings; i.e. agent assisted transactions, hotel reservations, air reservations etc. Please contact Rensselaer's travel administrator for a list of the fees.
CAT Contact Information
|Child Travel office address :
||19 Roosevelt Hwy
||Colchester, VT 05446
|Albany Travel office address:
|| 30 Corporate Drive
||Clifton Park, NY 12065
|Hours of operation
||8AM-6PM EST. Monday - Friday
||802-655-8866 & 518-292-9000
|Toll Free Number:
||800-245-8459 & 800-666-2929
||802-655-8873 & 518-292-9090
|After Hours-24 hour emergency service:
||800-245-8459 OPT 8
||203-848-1135 (call collect)
||Linda Cook x2156 (contact for contractual questions/concerns).
||Christopher Thorne x2395 (contact for procedural question/concerns).