Blanket Order Purchases
A Blanket Purchase Order is an order that is placed with a vendor based upon the Blanket Purchase Agreement; this is the actual contract between the vendor and Rensselaer. A Blanket Purchase Agreement:
- does not encumber funds
- cannot exceed $100,000 over the term of the agreement
- must be for a specified term, not to exceed five years in total
When practical, Blanket Purchase Agreements should be established with more than one (1) vendor providing the same commodity or service.
A completed requisition identifying the specific need, along with supporting documentation, must be submitted to Purchasing through the OSCAR eProcurement system, and must include:
- a statement of commodities or services to be provided
- individual purchase limitations
- a listing of individuals authorized to purchase from the Blanket Purchase Agreement
The authority to commit Rensselaer to Blanket Purchase Agreement and/or a Blanket Purchase Order lies solely within the Purchasing department.