Making Purchases Using Your P-Card
The P-Card is the preferred method of payment for small dollar orders up to $2,500, including shipping/handling and for Rensselaer business-related travel. The maximum purchase transaction limit is $2500, unless authorized in writing by the appropriate cabinet member or dean, and approved by the President and/or unless the purchase includes items restricted by policy restricted list.
- The P-Card cannot be used for personal or private use.
- Orders exceeding $2,500 must be processed on a purchase requisition.
- The maximum transaction and monthly cycle amounts for purchases and business travel are determined by the department.
- ATM/cash transactions are limited by policy to one transaction per day, up to $500 per day, unless authorized in writing by the President.
Best Price Checklist
- Ask the vendor if they offer an educational discount
- Provide the vendor Rensselaer’s tax exempt number