Troy needs your help!!
Many local area small businesses and non-profit
organizations are stuggling to survive. No news flash there, right? Well, here's your chance to change all that!
Inadequate computer equipment and skills are putting these businesses at a disadvantage as they waste countless, potentially
productive, hours working on outdated computers or trying to figure out current software. Our plan is to hit the streets of
Troy and bring them into the 21st century with the tools and skills needed to survive in today's Age of Information.
What can I do?
We need people to do all sorts of tasks:
What you get in return is the knowledge that you are making the world (well at least Troy) a better place. Who knows, you may
even make a few new friends. No longer will you be considered "just another RPI student", you will become an
essential member of the local community, an aid to those in need, a beacon of light in the darkness, a defender of Truth,
Justice and the... well, you get the point.
- Calling and visiting local organizations to see who needs help.
- Assessing their computer needs and working out a strategy to fulfill those needs.
- Training employees how to correctly use software (Word Processing, Accounting, Internet...)
- Finding low cost or donated computer equipment.
- Upgrading and/or building computers.
- Building web sites.
Sign me up!
Now that you're interested (you're still reading this, aren't
you?) here's who to contact to sign up or just get more information...
- The Internship Office in Sage 5407 - by phone 276-2315, by Email, or
on the web.