Red Hawk Shuttle Service
The shuttle service is an important component of Rensselaer's personal safety program. As such, Rensselaer’s Red Hawk Shuttle service consists of a fleet of buses, operated under the supervision of the Parking and Transportation Department. Drivers are in direct radio communications with that office. All shuttle bus drivers have had safety awareness and security training.
During the regular academic year, the Red Hawk Shuttle operates Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on a timed schedule. The Red Hawk shuttle will also operate on the weekends from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on a timed schedule. East Shuttle Schedule (PDF) | West Shuttle Schedule (PDF)
The Red Hawk Shuttle will not operate during breaks or when classes are not in session. During this time permit holders (BR, EH, FE, FS, PG, and PT) may park in the yellow striped section of North Lot. The parking gates will be in the open position. The regular Red Hawk Shuttle schedule and times will resume on the first day of classes.
The Red Hawk Downtown Shuttle to the Rice, Chasan and Gurley Buildings will be available throughout the summer. Please call 276-6616 between 8:00 a.m. and 4 p.m. to schedule a ride.
Riding the Shuttle
Be prepared for possible delays! Although waiting time for a shuttle is usually 15 to 20 minutes (or less), always arrive at your shuttle stop 30 minutes earlier than your scheduled class. Drivers strive to stay on schedule but slight variations may occur.
- Stand back from the shuttle until it has completely stopped and the driver signals you to board.
- Enter the shuttle in single file and without pushing. Remember to use the handrail and to watch your step.
- If there is an available seat in the shuttle, please use it. Try to limit the number of people standing when the shuttle is in motion.
- Baggage brought into the shuttle must fit in your lap. Do not block the aisle with any baggage.
- No hazardous materials are to be transported in the shuttle.
- Keep you body totally inside the shuttle when it’s in motion.
- Wait until the shuttle comes to a complete stop before standing and exiting.
- Remember to use the handrail when exiting the shuttle and watch your head and your step.
Riders with Disabilities
Those riders with a disability should contact the Parking Office at 276-6616 to arrange for a pick-up.