|Undergraduate Dual Majors
The nine free electives in the math curriculum provide a unique opportunity to pursue a dual major. To help design your program of study you should discuss your program with your faculty advisors. A math advisor will be assigned by the Chair of the department when you enroll in the dual degree program.
Some recommended dual majors are:
- Mathematics of Computation and Computer Science
- Mathematics of Operations Research and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Physics
- Mathematics and Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics and Psychology
- Mathematics and Communication
Dual Majors at Rensselaer
Undergraduate students who fulfill all the degree requirements for two curricula and who have met the conditions below will have completed a dual major. They will receive one diploma noting both majors.
- The student must designate a first-named and second-named major in writing at least one semester prior to graduation, and have the appropriate department(s) approve this designation prior to filing the dual major form with the registrar.
- Each student will be assigned an adviser in each department who monitors progress towards degrees in that department.
- The degree clearance officer in the department certifies that the student has met the degree requirements in that department.
- The 24 credit hour mathematics/science requirement and the 24 credit hour humanities and social sciences requirement satisfy the Institute requirements for both majors.