Associate Professor of Mathematical Sciences
Ph.D in Applied Mathematics, Brown University, 2004
B.S and M.S. in Computational Mathematics, Peking University, 1997 and 2000
NSF CAREER Award, 2009
Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellow, 2008
Stella Dafermos Award, Brown University, 2004
Simon Ostrach Fellowship, Brown University, 2003-2004
- Local-structure-preserving discontinuous Galerkin methods; divergence cleaning techniques.
- Computational methods for Maxwell equations, magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) equations and Hamilton-Jacobi equations.
- Fast sweeping methods for static Hamilton-Jacobi equations.
- Other high order numerical methods (weighted ENO methods, spectral methods) for hyperbolic conservation laws; computational fluid dynamics.
- F. Li and C.-W. Shu, A local-structure-preserving local discontinuous Galerkin method for the Laplace equation, Methods and Applications of Analysis, to appear.
- S. C. Brenner, F. Li and L.-Y. Sung, A locally divergence-free nonconforming finite element method for the reduced time-harmonic Maxwell equations, Mathematics of Computation , to appear.
- F. Li and C.-W. Shu, Reinterpretation and simplified implementation of a discontinuous Galerkin method for Hamilton-Jacobi equations, Applied Mathematics Letters , v18 (2005), pp.1204-1209.
- F. Li and C.-W. Shu, Locally divergence-free discontinuous Galerkin methods for MHD equations, Journal of Scientific Computing, v22-23 (2005), pp.413-442.
- B. Cockburn, F. Li and C.-W. Shu, Locally divergence-free discontinuous Galerkin methods for the Maxwell equations, Journal of Computational Physics, v194 (2004), pp.588-610.
- L.-A. Ying and F. Li, Exterior Problem of the Darwin Model and its Numerical Computation, Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis, v37 (2003), pp.515-532.