Bulk Mail and Nonprofit Rate Mail
If you have a large number of envelopes to mail, Bulk Rate mail or Nonprofit Rate mail may be your best mailing choice. Bulk mail has two different rate structures, Regular Bulk Rate and Nonprofit Rate.
Bulk Rate Mail:
- There are at least 200 pieces of mail
- Those pieces weigh less than 16 oz each, and are identical
- All are going at the same time
Nonprofit Rate (must follow all rules to qualify for nonprofit):
- Must have a Rensselaer return address
- Must contain school business
- May not contain sponsorship or advertising
- May not be part of a joint venture with an outside company
- All material is identical
NOTE: Bulk Rate mail may take up to seven business days to be delivered by the Post Office.