15th Street Lounge/RPI Playhouse

This former U.S.O. building was moved from Windsor Locks, Connecticut to Rensselaer in 1946. The building was acquired by the Institute to accommodate a library extension, study space and social activities. The structure was placed along 15th St. and thus dubbed the 15th Street Lounge or Lounge 15. In 1972, the lounge became the RPI Playhouse. The building underwent a major renovation in 1983.

 

15th Street Lounge, 1947. click for larger image

RPI Playhouse after the 1983 renovation. click for larger image

1960 Map Location         Back to Rensselaer Buildings