- Strategic Search Behavior
- Behavioral Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Decision Making
- International Strategy
- Chinese and Indian Business Environments
- Agent-based Modeling
Areas of Instruction
- Corporate Strategy
- International Business
- Technology Entrepreneurship
- Managerial Economics
- Computational Research Methods
- Ph.D. in Management, UCLA Anderson School of Management
- B.A. in Economics (Honors), Swarthmore College
Research & Publications
Dr. Tracy’s research interests focus on strategic search behavior, or the processes by which managers and entrepreneurs search for a workable strategy when they cannot deduce an optimal one. He is also interested in international strategy, with a focus on China, India, and the U.S. He has won several awards for his research including: the Most Promising Paper in Behavioral Strategy (AOM 2011), the Best Paper Award (AGCETI 2010), and the Excellent Paper Award (AIE 2008). Dr. Tracy was also a finalist for the Douglas Nigh Memorial Best Paper Award (AOM 2009).
Dr. Tracy received the Lally School's Epsilon Delta Sigma Outstanding Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching in both 2012 and again in 2013.
More details on Professor Tracy's publications, interests, and background can be found on his personal website.