Center for Financial Studies:
2013 Modeling Competition
CFS Modeling Competition Rules
- All Rensselaer students are welcome to participate.
- Student teams may range in size from four to five people.
- Each team should pick a leader, who manages the team and facilitates team questions during the process to the judges.
- The solution must be no more than 10 pages in length, single-sided, Times New Roman font size 12. Any formulas, graphs, or accompanying information must be included within these 10 pages. Judges will not read beyond page 10.
- All work must be original and solely from the students on the team, while faculty members and/or practitioners in the field may be interviewed, they may not directly contribute to the solution.
Wednesday, September 25, 2013:
Release of rules and announcement of contest
Friday, October 4, 2013 at 5 p.m.:
Deadline to submit team form (with student team member names, emails, and team leader information) via email to Prof. Aparna Gupta, Prof. John Teall, and Ms. Qi Ye.
Monday, October 7, 2013:
Release of the problem
Friday, November 1, 2013:
Solution submission date
Friday, November 8, 2013:
Annoucement of winners.
We are delighted to announce this year's Annual CFS Modeling Competition winners.
Winners of the 2013 CFS Modeling Competition
- First Place Team: Yitian Luo, Zirong You, Jin Sha, Yao Li, and Qi Ye
- Second Place Team: Dongyang Wang, Yulin Li, Wenhua Xiao, and Jingli Li
- Honorable Mentions: Team Chen Wang, Bangchen Xu, Jing Liu, Shaonan Xu
and Team Cenwei Yang, Yaolin Huang, Yucen Yang, Shengran Wang, and Anthony Randazzo.
Warm congratulations to the winners.