M.S. Admissions Information
How to Apply
Complete the electronic Masters/Doctoral Degree application.
Confirm your graduate studies enrollment, check your requirements, and learn about attending and living at Rensselaer.
Round 1: December 15
Round 2: February 15
Round 3: April 15 (Final international applicant deadline)
Round 4: June 15
Early admission deadline is December 15. We strongly encourage all interested students to apply early to ensure the best chance of admission.
- Masters/Doctoral Degree Application
- GMAT* (preferred) or GRE** scores
- Essay responses required for M.S. TCE applicants (See below)
- Statement of Background and Goals required for M.S. Business Analytics, M.S. FERA, M.S. Management, and M.S. Supply Chain Management applicants (see below)
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or employers
- TOEFL** (89 or above) or IELTS (6.5 or above)
score required for International applicants
Statement of Background and Goals
(Required for M.S. Business Analytics, M.S. FERA, M.S. Management, and M.S. Supply Chain Management applicants)
Please provide a one- or two-page statement that includes the following information:
- Your full name and date of birth
- Your primary educational and research interests
- A description of your background in fields particularly relevant to your study objectives—include any relevant
industrial/work or research experience
- Information outlining your current work/study activities
(Required for M.S. TCE)
- Two themes that underlie Lally programs are innovation and technology, particularly as these relate to entrepreneurship, financial analysis, and international business development. Tell the story of your career so far and how the Lally degree would expand your options in these or other areas and enable you to attain the career goals you are considering. Maximum 500 words.
- Given our emphasis on innovation and entrepreneurship in both technological entrepreneurship and finance, students who succeed at Lally tend to be creative individuals who are fascinated with new products and new business ideas and are especially good at identifying new opportunities. Please send us an example of your creative thinking. This could be, but should in no way be limited to, one of the following
The only restrictions are that it cannot be larger than 2 cubic feet (1 foot x 1 foot x 2 feet), no heavier than 50 pounds, and if you upload (or send) a written document, no longer than 1,500 words. If you submit something other than a written work, you must also submit a description of not more than 500 words explaining your submission.
- An idea for a new business
- An advertising campaign
- A drawing of a new product idea
- A physical prototype of a new product or concept (use your creativity to amaze us with your idea!)
- A creative application of a new technology or new business idea to a pressing world problem; for example, an environmental problem or a problem relating to quality of life in a third world country
Please include your name, your date of birth, and the degree you are applying to.
*GMAT Score Reporting
- Register at http://www.mba.com
- At this link, search for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – The Lally School of Management and Technology.
- To report your score, choose your intended degree from the list of programs available:
- MBA, Full Time
- M.S. in Business Analytics
- M.S. in Financial Engineering and Risk Analytics (FERA)
- M.S. in Management
- M.S. in Supply Chain Management
- M.S. in Technology Commercialization and Entrepreneurship (TCE)
- Ph.D. Program
** GRE and TOEFL Reporting Code is 2757