NOTICE OF FILING OF APPLICATION FOR
PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATION
An application concerning the employment of one or more alien workers for the following permanent position will be filed with the U.S. Department of Labor. This Notice of Filing will be posted for ten consecutive business days, ending between 30 and 180 days before the permanent labor certification application.
Position Title:_______Master Carpenter & Rigger
Position Duties:____ Engage in avant-garde artistic productions reaching beyond traditional aesthetics. Responsible for stage construction, computer controlled rigging, load in and strike of scenic aspects in multiple in-house venues. Assist in the ongoing research of performance technologies and media applications.
* Collaborate and communicate with artists, scientists, researchers, staff and external clients to determine technical requirements and needed stage technologies, resources and equipment for all projects and activities;
* Facilitate computer controlled rigging, scenic and staging elements for artistic, research, campus and rental activities;
* Supervise and execute all stage technology of a production or project including scheduling, production staffing supervision and respective technical needs in coordination with the project manager and curators; and
* Program rigging system with specific understanding of its overall integration to show control systems.
Supervises, when needed: Stage Managers, Lighting Electricians, Production Technicians-Shops and Venues, Carpenters, Riggers, Stage Hands, and Student workers.
Requirements:______Bachelor’s Degree in Theater (Technical/Staging, Theatrical Design or related Performance Arts) or a related field. Successful candidate must have ten years of combined experience in a production environment, theater carpentry and rigging to include:
* Managing crews for production, load-ins and strikes;
* Wood and steel scenery construction;
* Shop and stage operations and typical theater rigging methods as well as computer controlled rigging;
* Scenic and staging technologies;
* Shop operation and implementation of state-of-the-art rigging;
* CAD aspects of design; and
* Mechanized systems of stage events.
Rate of Pay Range:___$59,342 to $60,004
Employer Name:_____Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Position Location:____Troy, NY
Contact:___________Kathy McNamara, SHRM-CP
Manager, Employment Operations
Division of Human Resources
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 8th Floor
Troy, NY 12180
This notice is provided in compliance with 20 CFR §656.10(d) as a result of the filing of an application for permanent alien labor certification for the relevant job opportunity described herein. Any person may provide documentary evidence bearing on the application to the Certifying Officer of the U.S. Department of Labor at the following address:
U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
Office of Foreign Labor Certification, Atlanta National Processing Center
Harris Tower, 233 Peachtree Street, Suite 410
Atlanta, GA 30303