CPC 01 9 Feb 01
Homework #3 Due 16 Feb 01
Consider the Van de Vusse reaction presented in module M7.3.
1. Develop the state space model when the concentrations of components C and D are states 3 and 4, respectively. Find all of the state space model parameters for case 1 conditions.
2. For the linear state space model, find the output (assume all states are measured) response to a step input change of 0.1 in the space velocity (dilution rate).
3. Find the eigenvalues of the A matrix.
4. Find each the transfer function relating the dilution rate to each output.
5. Find the poles and zeros of each transfer function. How do the poles relate to the eigenvalues of the A matrix? Do you observe any pole-zero cancellation?