1998 American Control Conference
Philadelphia, PA, U.S.A.
June 24-26, 1998
Letter from Linda G. Bushnell, Vice-Chair for Invited
Thank you for your interest in the 1998 American Control Conference. Enclosed
are forms for submission of INVITED SESSION proposals. Please note the
following requirements of your proposal:
Attention to the above is required to assure uniformity for all invited session
proposals. If you must contact me, electronic mail is the preferred method.
- Your proposal should begin with an overview, explaining the unifying theme,
the relevancy of the topic to the aims of the ACC, and generally summarizing
the contribution of each individual paper.
- Following the overview, your proposal should contain extended summaries (at
least 1000 words each to allow an informed review) for each paper in the
session. Sessions should have 6 papers. (All papers, regular and short, will
be allowed 20 minutes for presentation). Sessions with an unfilled slot may be
filled with a contributed paper of a similar theme. Also, proposals with
missing or inadequate summaries will likely be rejected. If you submit more
than 6 papers, the Program Committee may either select a paper for rejection or
relocate a paper to another session.
- Names, affiliations and complete mailing addresses of corresponding
authors, as well as the session organizer(s) should be included; see enclosed
forms. On the Invited Session Form, specify exactly one society affiliation
(if more than one applies, select the most appropriate).
- Five copies of your proposal, completed Invited Sessions form and a
Manuscript Submission form, should be mailed and postmarked to me to the
address shown at the left by September 15, 1997. Due to time constraints,
proposals mailed past this deadline will be returned.
- If you would like confirmation that your proposal has been received,
include with your submission either a mailing label or a self-addressed,
- Each proposal will be evaluated and the Program Committee may choose to
alter the makeup of proposed sessions based on the evaluations.
Linda G. Bushnell
98ACC Vice-Chair for Invited Sessions
Updated 17 Oct 96