- Conventional books grow old; these books gets periodic updates for free on the internet.
- Conventional books are expensive;
to get both 'Introduction to Biochemical Engineering' and 'Unit Operations in Environmental Engineering' together on one flash drive as a gift, send a tax-free donation of $20 to this department http://cbe.rpi.edu/.
- Pages in a conventional book are static; these books have pages that interact with the reader.
- Other e-books have few if any links to the internet.
- Have found no other book designed for editing and supplementing (Readers get instruction pages and templates).
- Most of its 4 gigabyte flash drive is free for adding new material.