Graduate Student Thesis & Dissertation Titles
Ph.D. Students and Dissertations - Completed at Texas A&M University
- Jay M. Ochterbeck - Ph.D., August 1993, "Restart of a Heat Pipe from the Frozen State: Incorporating Thermal History Effects"
- Allen B. Duncan - Ph.D., August 1993, "Experimental and Analytical Evaluation of Etched Micro Heat Pipes"
- Arnab K. Mallik - Ph.D, August 1993, "Vapor Deposited Micro Heat Pipe Modeling, Testing, and Development"
- Bonghun Kim, Ph.D. - May 1994, "Analytical and Experimental Investigation of Entrainment in Operating Heat Pipes"
- Hongbin Ma - Ph.D., August 1995, "The Theoretical Analysis and Experimental Investigation of Pressure Drop and Maximum
Heat Transport in Triangular Grooves - A study of Idealized Micro Heat Pipes"
- Ja-Mann Ha, Ph.D. - December 1995, "Capillary Performance and Heat Transfer of the Evaporating Liquid Thin Film in a Triangular Microgroove"
- Chang S. Chang - Ph.D., December 1996, "Frictional Pressure Drop and Heat Transfer Characteristics in Microchannels"
- James T. Dickey - Ph.D., December 1996, "Investigation of Liquid-Vapor Flow and heat Transfer in Porous Media"
- Xiao-Jun Lu - Ph.D., December 1997 "Analysis of the Freeze/Thaw Characteristics of External Artery Heat Pipes"
- Donald P. Shatto - Ph.D., December 1998 "Vertical In-tube Flow Boiling of Mixtures"
- Yaxiong Wang - Ph.D., May 2001 "Flexible Micro Scale Heat Pipe Radiators"
M.S. Students and Theses - Completed at Texas A&M University
- Preetam Patnaik - M.S., August 1987, "Parametric Modeling of a Bellows Heat Pipe for Electronic Component
- Clark R. Havis, M.S. - December 1987, "Effects of Fiber Direction on Heat Conduction in Unidirectionally Aligned
- Tik K. Kang - M.S., December 1989, "Effect of Metallic Coatings on the Thermal Contact Conductance of Turned
- Abu H. Chowdhury - M.S., December 1989, "Reduced Pressure and Temperature Reclamation of Water Using
the GE Integrated Water-Waste Management System for Potential Space Flight Applications"
- Allen B. Duncan - M.S., December 1990, "Effective Thermal Conductivity of Packed Beds of Spheres"
- Jay M. Ochterbeck - M.S., August 1990, "Thermal Contact Conductance of Metallic Coated
Superconductor/Copper Interfaces at Cryogenic Temperatures"
- Bruce R. Babin - M.S., August 1991, "Ion Drag Pump Assisted Heat Pipes"
- Marvin D. Szeto - M.S., May 1992, "Experimental Investigation of a Micro Heat Pipes in Zero-g"
- James T. Dickey - M.S., December 1993, "Modeling and Testing of a Capillary Pressure Driven Heat Transfer
- Alicia H. Howard - M.S., December 1993, "Evaluation of a Heat Pipe Finned Heat Rejection System"
- Xiaoquin Liu - M.S., December 1996, "Numerical modeling of the Vapor Flow in Micro Heat Pipes"
- Donald P. Shatto - M.S., May 1996, "An Experimental Investigation of the Effects of Velocity and Subcooling on
Convective Film Boiling in a Circular Tube"
- Gregory Starks - M. S., August 1997, "Flow Boiling of Binary Mixtures"
- Tony K. Morris - M.S., August 1997, "Thermodynamic Fabrication of High Purity Silicon"
- Brian F. Lundy - M.S., May 1998, "A Visualization Comparison of Convective Flow Boiling Heat Transfer Augmentation Devices"
- T. Saito - M.S., December 1997, "Evaluation of Thin Film temperature Sensors"
- Kimberly I. Renzi - M.S., August 1998, "Designing, Testing, and Modeling Coupled, Flux Transformer Heat Pipes"
Senior Honors Theses Directed - Completed at Texas A&M University
- Peter F. Stevenson - Senior Honors Thesis, May 1988, "Thermal Rectification in Dissimilar Metal Contacts"
- Gregory Starks - Senior Honors Thesis, May 1989, "Comparative Evaluation of Two Attachment Techniques for Space Station Cold Plates"
- Nancy K. Tsai - Senior Honors Thesis, May 1990, "An Investigation of Entrainment limits in Heat Pipes"
- Kelly Albrecht - Senior Honors Thesis, May 1991, "A Study of the Refrigeration Characteristics of a Vortex Heat Exchanger"
- Tony K. Morris - Senior Honors Thesis, August 1995, "Pool Boiling in Reduced Gravity Environments"
- Jason A. Besly - Senior Honors Thesis, May 1996, "Visualization and Analysis of the Onset of Flooding and Entrainment in a Closed Two-Phase Thermosyphon"
- Frank Prytle, III - Senior Honors Thesis, May 1997, "Convective Heat Transfer from Fibrous Media for the Thermal Control of Electronic Components"
- Brian Corbett, - Senior Honors Thesis, May 2000, "Silicon Fabricated Micro Thermal Structures"