Next: Random Other Junk
Previous: Closing Time!!!
Recently RCR has been getting a large number of people going downstairs with bad hard-drives, or suspected bad hard drives. We perform the initial check to verify a bad hard drive. The procedure ir rather simple:
- Get a floppy drive, and the HD Check disk
- sign these out to the user
- boot off said disk
- run the advanced test
- test is green, the drive is clean, suggest that they either reimage, or defragment their drive.
- test is red, get a Hard Drive Check form from the ``utilities'' section of the CDROM shelf, and start filling it in.
- If prompted run the erase test, but make sure that the user has backups
- test is green, the drive is clean, reimage the laptop
- Test is red, complete the form, and send them down to RCR with the form.
Frank Charles Barton