|Order of Exercises
- Degree Candidate Procession
(starts precisely at 9:30 a.m.)
- Academic Procession
- Presentation of Colors
- National Anthem
- Presentation of the Class of 2004
- Conferring of Honorary Degrees
- Address to Candidates
- Presentation of Faculty Awards
- Recognition of Emeriti
- Conferring of Doctoral Degrees
- Announcement of Institute Honors
- Conferring of Masters Degrees
- Presentation of the Class Banner
- Rensselaer Alumni Association Welcome
- Conferring of Baccalaureate Degrees
- Final Remarks
- Alma Mater
|Ceremonial Behavior and Protocol
Commencement is a special event for all involved. Please show respect for everyone who has come to share the experience.
- Show respect for your fellow graduates by remaining in your seat until the Recession.
- Turn off cellular phones and pagers on the Harkness Field, or in the Houston Field House.
- Family members may use the designated photo areas at stage right and stage left. No photographs will be allowed at center stage. Out of consideration for others, please enter this area, take your picture, and return to your seat as quickly as possible.
- Guests attending Rensselaers 2004 Commencement are advised that bags, backpacks, luggage, coolers, parcels, briefcases, and like articles will be strictly prohibited from the Harkness Field. Guests may be subject to search of their person and/or possessions. Guests with prohibited articles will be requested to return them to their vehicle.
Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the ceremony and will be confiscated. Smoking is prohibited on the Harkness Field and in the Houston Field House.