Undergraduate Student Profile - Alumni
Name: Justin Graham
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
Concentration: Management Information Systems
Department: Information Technology and Web Science
Year of Graduation: 2002
Current Position: Director of Product Management at INRIX Inc
Why did you choose to enroll at Rensselaer?
I was looking for a cutting edge program to marry together technology, practical problem solving skills, and real world applicability. Rensselaer was the only school that could provide this.
What are some benefits of being part of the ITWS Community at Rensselaer?
There was always a feeling amongst the IT community we were going to change the world. Everyone took the learning seriously and married it with unbelievable teamwork and industry experience.
What would you tell a prospective student about choosing Rensselaer?
No other technology focused school produces more well rounded graduates in the field of techonology and it's applicibility to the worlds needs. If you want to use techonology to solve all problems, not just technical ones, RPI is the school for you.
What are your hobbies/interests/special talents?
Skiing is by far my favorite hobby. I am a ski patroller and have traveled to Alaska multiple times to heli-ski on the best terrain in the world! When not skiing, I'm mountain biking and feeding my food and craft cocktail experiences.
List Information about your background and accomplishments in College and Work Experience
1. Member of First 4-Year class in RPI IT
2. Winner of RPI IT award Junior year
3. Participant in first GE Partnership intern program for IT students
4. 3 years in product support, 2 years in sales, and 6 years in product marketing and product management with large companies and startups
5. Share the keynote stage with technology executives such as Steve Ballmer, Bill Laing, Brad Anderson, and Eric Rudder
6. Launched pivotal technology products such as Windows Server, Hyper-V, Windows Azure, System Center, Apptio, and others