On Friday, Nov. 7, the Division of Human Resources will host the 15th annual Benefits Fair, at the Alumni Sports & Recreation Center (Armory), from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Employees and retirees are encouraged to attend. The Division of Human Resources will provide give-a-ways to all who attend.
More than 30 vendors from Rensselaer’s health and welfare programs will be present to share highlights and information regarding medical, dental, flexible spending, long-term disability, life insurance, and retirement benefits’ programs.
The benefits fair marks the kickoff of Rensselaer’s 2009 Healthy Campus Initiatives. Free flu shots and chair massages will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and CDPHP will be conducting wellness presentations.
The Benefits Fair marks the beginning of the 2009 Open Enrollment period, which runs Nov. 7 to Nov. 30, 2008.
Mandatory Benefits Re-Enrollment
All benefit elections for 2009 (with the exception of retirement plan elections) must be completed using the new online benefits enrollment system by 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 30.
Faculty and staff must re-enroll in Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Basic Life, Accidental Death, and Dismemberment Insurances on-line. Additionally, faculty and staff will be able to re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts. For this year only, all eligible faculty and staff must re-enroll in each benefit using the new Benelogic system in order to continue benefits’ coverage.
Some benefits of the new system are:
- Eliminates need for paper files
- Ensures employee access to most recent benefit updates
- Provides easy access to benefit options
- Allows the Division of Human Resources to track each employee’s progress to ensure timely and accurate enrollment.
In order to inform campus of the new Benelogic system, the Division of Human Resources will:
- Send each faculty and staff member a letter detailing their current benefit elections and
a document detailing how to use the new on-line tool
- Train select managers to assist employees with online enrollment
- Provide one on one assistance with online enrollment
- Offer customer service support from Benelogic to assist with online enrollment