Inside Rensselaer
Class of 2008 Carillon Dedication
Class of 2008 Carillon Dedication

On Oct. 18 during Homecoming Weekend, the Class of 2008’s gift to the Institute — the restored Union carillon — rang the chimes of the alma mater for the first time in nearly a decade. The new carillon brings back to campus a long-standing tradition. The original carillon system was installed in the Union in 1967 and ran until 1999, when the technology failed. The new system is installed on top of the Student Union, with re-coned speakers to ensure the highest level of sound quality. The alma mater will play every day at noon, and chimes will ring at the top of the hour on weekdays from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.

* * *
*
*
Send comments to:
Inside Rensselaer, Strategic Communications and External Relations
1000 Troy Building, 110 Eighth Street, Troy, N.Y. 12180 or to leibat@rpi.edu.
*
Inside Rensselaer
Volume 2, Number 18, October 31, 2008
©2008 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Front Page
*
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute | About RPI | Virtual Campus Tour | Academics | Research | Student Life | Admissions | News & Events